Sunday 19 April 2009

Individual sticky toffee puddings

Whenever there are polls in magazines or on TV shows to find Britain’s favourite dessert you can always bet that sticky toffee pudding will nab a place on the podium. As it should– it’s divine!


A lot of people don’t seem to realise that what gives the pudding its luxuriant, rich toffee flavour is the humble date. But if you eat a date and really concentrate on the flavour it suddenly seems obvious! Dates are just like toffee but, as they're fruit, you can pretend they're healthy.

This recipe is particularly nice as you can make the puddings and sauce a couple of days in advance and leave the puddings to steep in the thick creamy sauce. The puddings are luscious and airy and I’m certain, that if they could talk, they would sweetly call “eeeeeeaaaatttt meeeeeeeeee”.


I’ve made this recipe before and posted it on my site but in the very early days when my readership comprised of family and a couple of friends. You can find the recipe by clicking here.

Would it be naughty to confess that I have had one of these puddings each day over the weekend?

12 comments:

trash said...

each day over the weekend? Pah! That only amounts to two. Hardly worth bothering about. You should have another to celebrate your restraint and pour custard AND cream over this one :-)

The Caked Crusader said...

Trashalou you are a wise woman. I can learn much from your teachings.

Caroline said...

They look great - so light and fluffy with the gorgeous decadent sauce. Have to agree with trashalou though - extremely restrained only having one each day!!!

Did they reheat well? Did you do it under the grill/in the oven?

The Caked Crusader said...

Hi C

They re-heat beautifully in the oven but make sure you cover them with foil so they don't dry out.

Lisa said...

I done died and gone to heaven!

Elyse said...

One of my favorite parts about studying in London was the readily available sticky toffee pudding. Somehow, it just doesn't taste as good state-side. However, I've never tried to make it myself. Now, I just might have to...after all, you pictures are screaming "make me, then EAT ME!"

Foodiewife said...

There is a pub, where I live, that makes Sticky Toffee pudding. I adore it... it's so good, and I've been meaning to try making this. Thanks for the inspiration. My mouth is watering.

Cakelaw said...

I lurve sticky toffee pudding - which is why I avoid making it! However, in my younger days when I was rather bouncier than I am now, I always ordered this for dessert in restaurants, and if I baked back then, I am sure that I would have made it every weekend.

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Dates are extremely healthy, in fact their health benefits counteract any bad effects from the toffee, so in all you would be mad not to eat multiple puddings at each sitting. Gotta live a healthy lifestyle :P

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Joining after a long gap..
and was absolutely wowed over this pudding.. one of my favourites.. surely going to try out.... though have to be on treadmill double the time.. but yes.. not to be missed.. will give you the feedback.

glamah16 said...

I have yet to try this. They lawyas look so good.

Maria♥ said...

I ADORE sticky toffee pudding! It has to be the best comfort food ever. Yours indivdual puddings looks so yummy.

Maria
x